Monday, September 14, 2009

Revisiting the weekend...

I did make the fried rice for lunch on Friday, it turned out quite nicely, although, as usual, I was missing a few things I thought I had.  The veg I used were all green, so there was no snap of color from any carrots, etc.
Friday night dinner was the mushroom fajitas, they were quite tasty.  I found several different marinade recipes on the interNOT & threw something together based on what I liked from each recipe I saw.  All the recipes I saw were quite similar, and an ingredient in almost all of them that kind of surprised me was soy sauce.  I used soy sauce in mine, as well as some balsamic vinegar & a dash of Worcestershire sauce, along with some other spices.  Also whipped up a bit of guacamole & viola, dinner was served!  Pretty easy & delicious, what's not to like there?
Saturday we had dinner at my parents' house to celebrate my newly employed status.  My mom & I decided on a vegetarian feast, and let me tell y'all, it was one of the most delicious meals I have had in a while.  My mom made pesto, which we used on fresh pasta & fresh gnocchi which was purchased from Valenza Pasta (just across the street from our apartment here in Midtown).  Side note:  Valenza Pasta is awesome!  I have used their homemade pizza dough when I was too lazy or pressed for time to make my own.  Also have purchased their fresh lasagne noodles at least 4 times in the past & they are always lovely.
I made some Italian-style green beans which were fab, and a salad with fresh FM greens.  If you read my posts on facebook you'll know that I forgot to put the FM radishes in the salad Saturday evening, not to worry though, Dave & I finished the salad yesterday & I put a few radishes in & also made some cheesy garlic toasts with baguette leftover from Saturday.
I did not make the dessert surprise for my man, as I had planned to.  Will probably do that tonight as I am making a pot roast for dinner.  I purchased a lovely chuck roast from Donnell Century farms at the FM on Saturday & pot roast dinner seems like a dessert kind of dinner. 
Perhaps I'll update later tonight with recipes & to let y'all know how the dessert turns out.  Wish me luck!

No comments: